What is self love?

In Bhagavad Gita, Shri Krishna tells Arjuna that your responsibilities are more important than your feelings.

you must and ought to complete them in this 'मानवजन्म'. You have taken this birth to complete it and get Moksha.
Arjuna on the battlefield, is scared, ashamed and confused. He can't imagine killing his own grandfather and cousins just to prove his clan the greatest on the earth.
He says to Shri Krishna, " Madhav , when did I become so selfish ? I have forgotten the love and Bond we shared in my childhood. Not only that but we also learnt everything together and now I am going to kill my brothers using this same learning and skills. Have my love for self made me blind ? How can I perform this sin? "
At that time Shri Krishna, the greatest counselor ; tells him that it is neither his selfishness nor self love , but ; the nobel motive and great achievement awaits for him and for that he has to take the action!!
And only when you have love pride and trust on yourself you can win this battle. This is called Karma yoga.
Because the responsibilities are greater than anything else in this ' मानवजन्म'.

Comments